Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 5, 2010

My "Wow" Moment

So Eden has this thing she does occasionally when she is sleeping that absolutely freaks us out.  She will be sound asleep and then all of a sudden wake up screaming at the top of her lungs!  It's not one of her "I'm hungry" or "I'm tired" cries either.  It's almost as if something has scared her really bad or she has just woken up from a bad dream.  (by the way, what could babies possibly have bad dreams about?!)  Anyways, when she does this, I immediately scoop her up and console her.  She quickly calms down in a minute or so once I do that.  Well, yesterday my mom was over visiting when Eden woke up from a nap screaming at the top of her lungs like I described above.  My mom picked her up and tried to calm her down.  After about ten minutes, she was still whimpering and fussing!  As I walked over to my mom, Eden made eye contact with me.  I swear as soon as she saw me, she made this boo-boo face (as I call it), pushed out her bottom lip and started whimpering even more.  It was like she was saying "Mommy, come and get me!".  I took her from my mom and she stopped fussing almost instantly!  I don't know if it was my voice, my smell, or what it was she recognized, but she was definitely happy.  When I looked at her face, she was smiling and content.  I realized at that very moment that she knew I was her Mom and only wanted me.  Wow!!!  What an amazing feeling!  In this past month she has shown signs that she recognizes her Dad and me, but I guess I didn't realize how much until yesterday.  It's breathtaking!

P.S.  Note to my mom, she still loves her Grandma, just wanted Mom yesterday! :)

3 comments:

  1. Awww, how sweet. Congrats, what a feeling that must have been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I remember the first time Jackson did that, right around a month old, too. He calmed down and smiled up at me sheepishly like he was saying, "Now, that's what I wanted!" It was SO adorable, and he does it all the time now. I'm so glad you are enjoying all the magic with Eden:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her little heart :) Your heart must've swelled at that moment. . .just when you think you can't possibly feel more love for your baby, they do something awesome like that and it is amazing! :) Get ready for millions more moments like that :)

    ReplyDelete