First of all I have to say how truly blessed we feel this Christmas. I can remember this time last year my mood was completely different. I was sad that we had to celebrate another holiday childless and was not looking forward to the new year at all. So needless to say, we are overjoyed to have Eden this year and to be making new holiday memories with her in our family. I started a tradition when my hubby and I met to buy a Hallmark ornament each year that signified the big event of that year (every year hoping to buy a baby one). We finally got to pick out our baby ornament! I know it seems like a small thing, but it signifies so much that we have been through to get to this point in our lives. I couldn't wait to hang it on our tree...
Eden took her first airplane ride this month to Chicago to visit all of my extended family. She did fabulous on the plane, sleeping almost the entire trip there and back!
It was super cold, so we had to make sure to keep her bundled up. My little snow angel...
She also got to meet her great-grandmother. She is the 29th GREAT-grandchild!
Back at home, we put up our Christmas tree and Daddy went all out on the front yard lights and decorations! He also took Eden's Christmas photos (which he always does a great job at)...
Lastly, we go to court on Monday to finalize Eden's adoption! Even though she already is and has been our daughter, it will be nice to make everything "official". While we are so so excited about this, we haven't forgotten about the BP's who made this miracle possible. I asked our caseworker to extend an invitation to them to be there Monday to share in the celebration with us. She said they would let her know if they would be going or not. I can imagine it is so hard for them and also bittersweet. I feel a little guilty about our happiness this Christmas because I know it will probably be the hardest Christmas for them. Please keep them in your prayers.
I also want to let all of you "waiting" moms-to-be know that you are also in my prayers. It's easy to be on this side and say to not worry, your time will come. I know all too well how those words sometimes can hurt more than help. The waiting is the absolute worst at any time, but especially during the holidays. I can only tell you that I know how you feel, having been there myself. I know the only thing that could console you is having your baby in your arms. So I will be praying for all of you that 2011 brings that miracle to you too!
Merry Christmas!

Yay, Jamie, she is so adorable! She has grown so much already! I'm so happy to hear that the plane ride went well:). Jackson has that same ornament, as well as SIX others he has gotten from family and friends - it's just crazy, lol! I bought him the blue onesie one from Hallmark, I love it:). I am just so happy for you and Danny and little Eden - take care and keep in touch!
ReplyDeleteI feel exactly the same! What a difference a year makes! And I too have that same ornament! Lol! Eden's pics are gorgeous and I'm totally impressed with your exterior lights. :) I'm joining you in being thankful for our miracle daughters and wishing you and your family the most amazing Christmas yet!
ReplyDelete