Saturday, January 14, 2012
This too shall pass...
I've been telling myself that all week long just to get through each day. This past week has been the week from H**L!!! My poor little baby has been really sick since early Tuesday morning with high fever (101.3), diarrhea, no appetite and pure fussiness! I took her to urgent care Wednesday and was told she had an ear infection. They gave her antibiotics and sent us on our way. Her fever subsided but then Friday she broke out with a rash over her entire body. I immediately took her back to urgent care and was told she had an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, so they prescribed a different one. They also said it might not be an ear infection after all but something viral. Ok, that doesn't tell me a whole lot! But the thing that concerned me most was the loss of appetite. Let me tell you, Eden is a great eater (3 meals a day, a couple snacks and a couple bottles). So when she goes from that to refusing EVERYTHING, I am worried! The only thing she would take is milk in a bottle, which I supplemented with a little rice cereal to give her some kind of sustenance. But I was worried about dehydration and what the heck could be causing this. So this morning I took her to her regular doctor (thank goodness they have Saturday hours). He confirmed that the rash is most likely viral and will go away in a few days. It probably wasn't an allergic reaction to the antibiotics, but we will have to watch that just in case. He also didn't see any signs of an ear infection, which makes me so mad that they misdiagnosed her at urgent care. She took a 2 hour power nap this afternoon and actually ate dinner for the first time all week. So hopefully we are on the end of the craziness. I'm hoping for a good night sleep and a happy baby in the morning. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

OH! Poor baby, and poor Mama :( I'm so sorry! I was hoping the antibiotics would help. I'd be angry with urgent care, too!!! I hope Eden is getting better now, and you both can relax and feel well again. I am sure this is all so difficult without extra arms around to help cuddle and sooth her! Hang in there. It is true. . .this too, shall pass. (hugs)
ReplyDelete