Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

This year our family starts a new, exciting, and scary chapter in our lives.  My dear husband accepted a great job opportunity with a large aerospace company.  This position will open up many opportunities for him and will afford our family with the financial security we have dreamed of.  What's the catch?  Well, the job requires him to work in Afghanistan for 1 year!  Yes...Afghanistan...1 year.  This was not a decision we took lightly by any means but we are confident in the decision we made.  He gets a 1 month vacation about half way through which breaks up that long year.  We already miss him so so much and can't wait to have him home in a few months.  I am so proud of him and the sacrifice that he his making for our family.  I am truly a blessed wife. 

The transition at home has been a little rough.  Basically, I'm a "single mom" for the next year.  Let me tell you, I have a new found respect for single moms!  I thought it was a lot of work when my husband was here, but missing that extra pair of hands sure has made it a lot harder.  It took a couple weeks to get into a new routine and we are doing fine now.  It's still exhausting and I'm so done by the end of the night that I'm in bed right after Eden.  (Hence the lack of posts this past month.)  =)  I just tell myself to suck it up and be grateful that I have a comfy bed to sleep in because my sweet husband's living conditions are not so grand!

As far as Eden and her Daddy...thank goodness for technology!  We set up our S.kype accounts and she sees Daddy every night on the computer.  I was worried that she wouldn't understand or be afraid that Daddy was on the computer, but she loves it.  She smiles and waves at him as soon as we get on.  Even if I'm just checking my emails, she runs over and says "DaDa?"  We also recorded some videos of him telling her good morning and good night and singing some of her favorite songs.  She loves to watch them over and over.  There's also some great recordable storybooks that he recorded in his own voice before he left.  She listens to it every night.  We wanted to make sure that even though he is so far away that he will not be forgotten by her.

So wish us all luck in 2012 and please send a prayer out for Danny's safe and quick return home.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, girl, I can't imagine how hard it must be to be on your own! Are you working part time now at least? What a wonderful thing Danny is doing for your family. And sweet Eden gets to keep up with daddy in lots of fun ways it sounds like:). Let me know if you'd like a day away any time, we'd love to see you! Take care...and I want new pics of beautiful Eden soon:)!

    ReplyDelete