Lilypie ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Monkey Love

I think it’s absolutely adorable when a child has a favorite toy or stuffed animal and carries it around with them everywhere.  It’s like having their very first BFF.  We’ve been wondering which one of Eden’s vast number of toys would be the lucky “chosen one”.  (and she has A LOT to choose from)  She has so many baby dolls and stuffed animals that she could probably open up her own toy store.  Just off the top of my head I know she has a stuffed elephant, giraffe, lion, and even a polar bear!  She probably has as many animals as Noah had on his ark!  LOL

Well, at her 1st birthday party the long search was over.  We pulled out of a very large gift bag with her new BFF (Bobby) and it was love at first site!  As soon as she laid eyes on him, she threw her little arms around him and hugged him tight, as if it was a long lost friend.  Now what kind of animal is Bobby you ask?  A MONKEY!  But he’s not just any ole monkey.  He’s a huge stuffed monkey with an abnormally large bobble head dressed in a purple jogging suit!  Gotta love it!  How did we come up with the name Bobby?  Well he already came with a name, printed on his behind!  Just like those teenage girls you see wearing sweatpants with logos on their backside, yup that’s Bobby!

So now where Eden goes, Bobby BETTER go too or she will let me know about it!  When I get her up in the morning, I better pick up Bobby too.  I learned this quickly when I got her out of the crib one morning and she threw a fit and kept pointing to her crib.  I knew she couldn’t possibly want to go back to sleep but I didn’t know for the life of me what she wanted.  So we walked over to her crib and as we leaned in she reached her little arm just far enough to grab Bobby by the ear and pull him to safety in her arms.  And the look she gave me, like how dare I forget him.  Whew!  I’ve never forgotten Bobby after that!  J

I shouldn’t be surprised that our little darling chose Bobby as her BFF.  It goes with her personality perfectly!  We even call her our little monkey.  J  Nope, no baby dolls and tea parties for our little girl.  She’s our… swing from the trees, yell at the top of her lungs, banana eating little “monkey”! 

And we wouldn’t have it any other way!





2 comments:

  1. This is just too cute. It's such a goofy stuffed animal, lol! Jax has his monkey lovie in his crib for bed time, but he doesn't carry it around. So far he hasn't picked any one thing to carry around. I LOVE when babies do that. I don't know if he will. He likes to sort toys and carry around containers with his favorite "treasures" in them, lol! I hope we can see Eden again soon! She is just so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! I love that she chose a goofy monkey :) Her little personality is already developing. . .I bet she will have a great sense of humor :)
    I just LOVE Eden's beautiful smile :)

    ReplyDelete