Halloween is by far my husband's favorite holiday ( I prefer Thanksgiving). But after this last Halloween, it tops my list as well! We received the most wonderful "treat" ever, one that we have been waiting for...our baby!!! Sit back, grab your box of tissue and let me tell you all about it.
It started out like any other Sunday. We were at the kitchen table eating breakfast, drinking coffee (which has become my BFF) and reading the Sunday paper. Well ok, Danny was reading the paper, I was looking at all the adds. :) Then the phone rang. I assumed it was my Dad, who calls me every Sunday. But to my surprise, the caller ID said the name of our adoption agency. Could it be?! I scrambled to answer it and heard our worker on the other end say "Jamie, is Danny with you? Are you both sitting down?" The tears started flowing because I knew this would be good news. (I just didn't realize how good.) After choking out "yes, we are both here", she said "I have a baby for you!" My initial thought was that a BM chose us and we would probably have a few more weeks to prepare. She started giving me all the details: born Friday, beautiful baby girl, very healthy, meet me in an hour at the hospital, you can bring her home! My head was spinning and I was still sobbing. Now remember, I have the phone. Danny is just sitting there helpless watching me sob. He was desperate for some hint of what in the world was going on.
I hung up the phone and told him everything I could remember. We hugged as tears of joy streamed down both our faces. The next hour was absolutely hilarious. We were rushing around like chickens with our head cut off. We even got lost on the way to the hospital (even though we are natives of our city). LOL
Our social worker met us at the nursery and took us in. I was crying even before I laid eyes on her. I caught a glimpse of her as I washed my hands...more tears. The next moments were glorious! It was like slow motion. We walked up to her hospital bassinet, she was wrapped in a pink blanket and had a cute yellow and pink sleeper on. The nurse handed her to me and said "Congratulations Mom!" Danny, me, our social worker, all the nurses were crying. The only one who wasn't was this precious baby in my arms. She nestled right in to me and I swear I have never been happier than I was at that moment.
After a couple hours at the hospital taking care of paperwork, etc, we were then on our way home with our daughter!
Welcome home Eden Elyse. We love you!

oh my goodness how AMAZING! She is so beautiful and so is your story! I know you are completely in love. Congratulations and I'm so happy for the wonderful news!
ReplyDeleteI already knew the story, but I still cried when I read it:). Your story is so PERFECT! I think about mine - I met my little guy in the middle of Chicago O'Hare...lol! While I have NO regrets, I kind of like your story better - definitely more picture perfect:). Anyway, I am just so happy for you and Danny. No one deserves this more, and I just KNEW she was coming any day now. Congrats, mommy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats, she is beautiful! It's amazing how adoption can change your life in a moment!
ReplyDeleteI already knew the story and cried again, too! So don't be surprised if I get weepy when I see you guys! ;) I'll bring kleenex so I don't get Eden all wet! LOL
ReplyDeleteEden is perfect in every way. She truly was meant to be your daughter. No doubt about it. You guys are so blessed, and Eden is so blessed to have such wonderful loving, adoring parents.
:)
I'm so happy for you! I am a little late on the news, please forgive me! My Soldier just got home. She is so beautiful and perfect and I couldn't be more happier for you! Congrats Mama!
ReplyDelete