I can't believe our little Eden is already 2 weeks old! The past couple of weeks have absolutely flown by. Between feedings, diaper changes, visitors, pictures, etc, etc, etc, I hardly know what day it is anymore. I'm trying to hold onto each moment and cherish every day because I know it will go by so so fast! Each day I look at her, she changes a little bit and looks a little bit older. We have been truly blessed. She really is a great baby. Her appetite is ravenous and she has been sleeping in 3 hour spans almost from the time we brought her home. Mommy and Daddy are really happy about that! :) Every day she becomes more alert and playful. I love it when she stares into my eyes when I talk to her. My heart just melts! I still can't believe this precious little girl is ours forever. I often have nightmares that the BM changed her mind and we have to give her back. I wake up frantic, asking my hubby where Eden is. I breathe a sigh of relief after realizing it was just a dream.
The actual situation with the BP's couldn't be more ideal either. We met them the day they signed the relinquishment papers and absolutely adored them. We were amazed at how mature they are for their age (just 19 yrs old). They kept thanking us! I couldn't believe it. I was like, we are the ones who should be thanking you! You have given us the most precious gift anyone could ever have and made our dreams come true. I know the relationship we have with them in the future will be a great one. Eden will know that they loved her so much to choose this plan for her. And we feel so honored that they chose us to be her parents. A funny side note, I swear they could be our clones (just a lot younger). Not only do they resemble us, but we have so much interests in common. She loves to cook and bake, just like me and he loves all the same sports as Danny! Like I've always said, in the end I knew the child that was meant to be ours would find his/her way to us, and she did!
I will try to post more frequent updates as I get my groove back. :) Until then, here are a few of my favorite pics of our daughter. OUR DAUGHTER!!! (it's so nice to finally say that!)

She's beautiful, congrats!
ReplyDeleteSo glad the BP are such a great fit!
Oh Jamie, she is just so gorgeous, and I still can't get over how much she actually looks like you two! The time does go by fast, so enjoy it. Jackson was on that great schedule too and he has stayed a pretty scheduled and regulated baby - if not as patient and calm all the time:). His temperament sure has changed! Isn't it amazing when they stare at you? You know they are just soaking up your love, taking in your every feature. I can't wait 'til she begins smiling at you, then coo-ing and laughing with you. It's the BEST! I enjoy those moments with Jax every day now! Each stage is so amazing! Enjoy your blessing, hun. Oh, and I was going to say, we also love our son's bparents! We just got a letter from bmom and she told us how perfect we are, how they felt from the day they read our profile that we were his parents. It is SO amazing to have that connection - it makes all this so much easier. Anyway, have fun:). Love the pics...keep 'em comin'!!!
ReplyDelete